Finance Operations Officer
We are Pandas, and our mission is to give consumers the most value out of their smartphone with zero hassle by empowering them to sell it in the fastest, safest, and easiest way possible.
More than 2 billion working smartphones end up forgotten at the back of some drawer after you upgrade to the latest and greatest. But there is a solution as simple as trading them in and getting paid while participating in the circular economy. So, why aren’t people selling their old phones, we wondered? This is where Pandas comes in. Inspired by humans and powered by tech, we ensure that the frustrating experience of selling your smartphone is now as quick and easy as using an ATM near you.
Our proprietary A.I. technology in the Pandas kiosks allows us to evaluate a smartphone’s condition with unprecedented accuracy from the tiniest nick to severe technical issues. Oh, and we pay users on the spot, straight to their bank account.
We’re on a journey to become the most convenient trade-in channel for smartphones globally, with an available kiosk near you, wherever you are. We work with trusted partners, including tech retailers, telcos, and supermarket chains, to make sure everyone can sell their smartphone in the easiest, fast and safe way.
- Purposeful work: We value people that love what they do, work with a purpose, and have a mindset that is open to infinite possibilities.
- Innovation: Big wins can only come from new ideas. We believe that innovation, continuous iterations and resilience are what move the needle forward.
- Honesty: Egoless assessment and full transparency are what make us better.
- Team spirit: We work, win and lose as a team, so we place a lot of value on collective effort.
- Flywheel way of thinking & doing: One line of code or team or expert enables another, and this is how we build innovative products. One unit at a time and all linked together to push forward with awesome customer experiences.
- Inclusion: We value diversity and we promote an all-hands-on-deck culture on everything we do.
As our Financial Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Coordination and management of data flow for strategic planning
- Management of reporting, budgeting, forecasting processes
- Provision of financial analysis for company reports to the public and our investors
- Business planning for new and ongoing projects
- Support of ad-hoc analysis to meet operational requirements
- Equity and Debt structuring for company projects
- Transaction coordination and execution (mergers / acquisitions)
- EU and National funding
- Expense allocation and monitoring
- Invoices/Tax matters/accounts/private agreements/payments
- Financial Accounts and required formalities
- Communication with Banks regarding all matters of financial nature Capital Injection related formalities
- Loans / Letters of Guarantee / Corporate Guarantees etc
- Competitive full-time salary
- Private health insurance
- Gym membership
- Personal self-development budget for online courses, books, summits, etc.
- Access to the top of the line tools
- Refurbished MacBook, smartphone and top of the line equipment
- Shared e-scooters and e-bikes
- Office snacks
- A great opportunity to grow at a fast scaling re-commerce startup
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for an experienced Finance Operations Manager to manage our financial department and run our various accounting and controlling processes.
What you’ll need to bring
- 5+ years of experience
- Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business degree and/or Internationally recognized Accounting Qualification – e.g., ACCA, CIMA, CPA
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to interpret data to give the overall picture whilst checking for accuracy
- Ability to clearly explain financial information to both financial and non-financial populations
- A clear risk focus with previous experience of implementing and reviewing internal controls
- Ability to prioritize, manage expectations and work to tight deadlines