Head of People
Greece, AthensHuman resourcesdagmp
We are Pandas, and our mission is to give consumers the most value out of their smartphone with zero hassle by empowering them to sell it in the fastest, safest, and easiest way possible.
More than 2 billion working smartphones end up forgotten at the back of some drawer after you upgrade to the latest and greatest. But there is a solution as simple as trading them in and getting paid while participating in the circular economy. So, why aren’t people selling their old phones, we wondered? This is where Pandas comes in. Inspired by humans and powered by tech, we ensure that the frustrating experience of selling your smartphone is now as quick and easy as using an ATM near you.
Our proprietary A.I. technology in the Pandas kiosks allows us to evaluate a smartphone’s condition with unprecedented accuracy from the tiniest nick to severe technical issues. Oh, and we pay users on the spot, straight to their bank account.
We’re on a journey to become the most convenient trade-in channel for smartphones globally, with an available kiosk near you, wherever you are. We work with trusted partners, including tech retailers, telcos, and supermarket chains, to make sure everyone can sell their smartphone in the easiest, fast and safe way.
- Purposeful work: We value people that love what they do, work with a purpose, and have a mindset that is open to infinite possibilities.
- Innovation: Big wins can only come from new ideas. We believe that innovation, continuous iterations and resilience are what move the needle forward.
- Honesty: Egoless assessment and full transparency are what make us better.
- Team spirit: We work, win and lose as a team, so we place a lot of value on collective effort.
- Flywheel way of thinking & doing: One line of code or team or expert enables another, and this is how we build innovative products. One unit at a time and all linked together to push forward with awesome customer experiences.
- Inclusion: We value diversity and we promote an all-hands-on-deck culture on everything we do.
As our Head of People your responsibilities will include
- Drive the talent attraction, selection, and recruitment initiatives to build up the Pandas team
- Lead the orientation processes for new employees
- Work with other leaders to define our People strategy
- Lead the design and implementation of Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, and other Human Capital policies and procedures (remuneration, medical & pension, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with local regulatory / labor requirements and internal corporate guidelines by maintaining the appropriate tools and controls.
- Maintain and update Human Capital related records including employees‘ files and related databases.
- Act as the first point of contact for HR related issues both for internal customers and external partners.
- Provide support to colleagues of all hierarchical levels and units to cope with daily challenges and achieve long and short term goals.
- KPI: Employee NPS
- Competitive full-time salary
- Private health insurance
- Gym membership
- Personal self-development budget for online courses, books, summits, etc.
- Access to the top of the line tools
- Refurbished MacBook, smartphone and top of the line equipment
- Shared e-scooters and e-bikes
- Office snacks
- A great opportunity to grow at a fast scaling re-commerce startup
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for an experienced Head of People to build up our Pandas team, ensure our people get all the support they need by setting up the necessary channels and processes, and run all people-related procedures.
What you’ll need to bring
- 5+ years of experience in a relevant position
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources preferred; or a combination of education and experience that yield the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities
- Solid expertise in HC practices and employee management skills
- Outstanding stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Fluency in English, both oral and written
- Comfort in ambiguity, attention to detail, with ability to manage multiple initiatives in fast-paced/results-oriented environments