Senior Product Manager (HW/SW)
We are Pandas, and our mission is to give consumers the most value out of their smartphone with zero hassle by empowering them to sell it in the fastest, safest, and easiest way possible.
More than 2 billion working smartphones end up forgotten at the back of some drawer after you upgrade to the latest and greatest. But there is a solution as simple as trading them in and getting paid while participating in the circular economy. So, why aren’t people selling their old phones, we wondered? This is where Pandas comes in. Inspired by humans and powered by tech, we ensure that the frustrating experience of selling your smartphone is now as quick and easy as using an ATM near you.
Our proprietary A.I. technology in the Pandas kiosks allows us to evaluate a smartphone’s condition with unprecedented accuracy from the tiniest nick to severe technical issues. Oh, and we pay users on the spot, straight to their bank account.
We’re on a journey to become the most convenient trade-in channel for smartphones globally, with an available kiosk near you, wherever you are. We work with trusted partners, including tech retailers, telcos, and supermarket chains, to make sure everyone can sell their smartphone in the easiest, fast and safe way.
- Purposeful work: We value people that love what they do, work with a purpose, and have a mindset that is open to infinite possibilities.
- Innovation: Big wins can only come from new ideas. We believe that innovation, continuous iterations and resilience are what move the needle forward.
- Honesty: Egoless assessment and full transparency are what make us better.
- Team spirit: We work, win and lose as a team, so we place a lot of value on collective effort.
- Flywheel way of thinking & doing: One line of code or team or expert enables another, and this is how we build innovative products. One unit at a time and all linked together to push forward with awesome customer experiences.
- Inclusion: We value diversity and we promote an all-hands-on-deck culture on everything we do.
- Competitive full-time salary
- Private health insurance
- Gym membership
- Personal self-development budget for online courses, books, summits, etc.
- Access to the top of the line tools
- Refurbished MacBook, smartphone and top of the line equipment
- Shared e-scooters and e-bikes
- Office snacks
- A great opportunity to grow at a fast scaling re-commerce startup
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager (HW/SW) with deep subject matter expertise in kiosks, 3D printers or robotics systems, to guide the Kiosk product team, establish product definition & requirements, and ensure manufacturability.
A successful new joiner will be part of a cross-functional team of software engineers, design engineers, RF experts, UI-UX designers and UX researchers in developing the Pandas kiosk, the autonomous solution that people use to evaluate the condition of their smartphone and trade it in —- all in under 3’!
Our product teams are cross-functional and fully empowered to solve hard problems, staffed with the necessary skills to discover and build products that are desirable, feasible, functional and viable; accountable both to deliver the right solutions and for the results after shipping.
As our Senior Product Manager (HW/SW) your responsibilities will include
- Define, prioritize, and own the product backlog, the product definition and the acceptance criteria of each feature or module
- Analyze the system trade-offs and propose solutions including but not limited to: design of high performance, high-quality while meeting the unit economic requirements
- Understand user and business needs and incorporate them into the product roadmap
- Facilitate product discovery sessions with users and partners
- Identify enabling technologies
- Navigate our signal integrity, EMC, and RF challenges
- Collaborate with vendors and ensure proper integration of different solutions or parts
- Co-define the People strategy for our Kiosk product team
- Track industry trends and competitive landscape
What you’ll need to bring
- 5+ years of leadership experience in developing relevant products, as product manager
- Previous hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification, and manufacturing support
- Technical leadership and mentorship to product team members
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Ability to navigate compliance requirements (including EMC, FCC, Safety, and Environmental Engineering)